“Winemaking and filmmaking are two great art forms...in both cases you have to start with top notch raw materials—whether it’s the land or a script.”
- Francis Ford Coppola
I've been trying to decide what to drink during the Academy Awards on Sunday, well Coppola Winery came to my rescue.Today I received some wine from the Francis Ford Coppola Winery Director's Cut Collection: the Cabernet Sauvignon, Cinema Red Blend and Chardonnay. The collection has a wraparound film strip label to celebrate the art of filmmaking which makes it the perfect pairing for Oscar Night.
I'll be sipping and tweeting on Sunday at @Shoshi. Sip this wine along with me during the Chris Rock #blackout and Leo Dicaprio winning his first Oscar (he better or else).
You can also enjoy a magickal night with your friends by watching one of this year’s nominated films paired with a bottle from Coppola Winery’s Director's Cut collection! It will be a night to remember.
There are four wines in the collection:
Director's Cut Cabernet Sauvignon 2013:
- Decadent and complex, our Director's Cut Cabernet is fragrant with exotic notes of clove and toasted oak.
- Aged primarily in French oak barrels, this wine will develop further for several more years.
Director's Cut Cinema Red Blend 2012:
- Spicy, full-bodied red wine layered with dark berry fruit impressions and an edge of earthiness.
- Limited-production proprietary blend of Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cab Franc and Petite Sirah from specific Sonoma County appellations.
Director's Cut Pinot Noir 2013:
- An abundantly flavorful Pinot displaying vibrant tones of red cherry and pomegranate.
Director's Cut Chardonnay 2013:
- A full-bodied Chardonnay bursting with ripe fruit flavor and prominent oak and spice.
- Sourced from Russian River Valley, one of California's premier Chardonnay-growing regions.